Top 10 Presidents Day 2017 USA Quotes : Happy Presidents’ Day 2017 / George Washington day 2017! On February 20 We all celebrate the contributions of our elected leaders of the free world have made to the United States. Here are some of the wisest words some of the best presidents of America have said about life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness.
Top 10 Presidents Day 2017 USA Quotes
“Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.” — John F. Kennedy
“I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country.” — Nathan Hale
What is Presidents’ Day?
Representation of George WashingtonPortrait of George Washington by Gilbert Stuart, 1520 President’s Day 2017 is the famous and usually utilized name for the United States government occasion authoritatively called Washington’s Birthday. It is praised yearly on the third Monday of February.
President’s Day 2017 respects and honor the life and accomplishments of George Washington, the principal President of the United States (1789-1797) and ‘The Father of his Country’. The day is, used to respect and recollect all the memory and achievements of our past US presidents, and specifically Washington, Abraham Lincoln and Thomas Jefferson.
President’s Day was made in 1879, initially commended the next year. It was initially hung on Washington’s real birthday (February 22). In 1971 this was changed to the third Monday of February. It was the primary government occasion to be made out of appreciation for an American resident.
President’s Day is an event for group festivities and parades. Many stores and organizations hold uncommon deals. The Purple Heart military identification (which conveys a picture of Washington) for officers harmed throughout obligation is granted on President’s Day 2017.
“Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of men who follow and of the man who leads that gains the victory.” — George S. Patton
“America was not built on fear. America was built on courage, on imagination and an unbeatable determination to do the job at hand.” — Harry S. Truman
“My dream is of a place and a time where America will once again be seen as the last best hope of earth.” — Abraham Lincoln
“The cement of this union is the heart-blood of every American.” — Thomas Jefferson
“I know not what course others may take; but as for me, give me liberty or give me death!” — Patrick Henry
Top 10 Presidents Day 2017 USA Quotes
1. I know just two tunes: one of them is ‘Yankee Doodle’, and the other one isn’t. – Ulysses S. Give
2. I had preferably be on my ranch than be head of the world. – George Washington
3. In the event that diligent work is not another name for ability, it is the most ideal substitute for it. – James Garfield
4. Genuineness is the main section of the book of shrewdness. – Thomas Jefferson
5. You don’t get all that you need. A tyranny would be a great deal less demanding. – George W. Shrubbery
6. Legislative issues should be the second most established calling. I have come to understand that it looks to some extent like the first. – Ronald Reagan
7. We ought to experience our lives as if Christ were coming this evening. – Jimmy Carter
8. Centering your life exclusively around making a buck demonstrates a specific neediness of aspiration. It solicits too little from yourself. … Because it’s just when you hitch your wagon to an option that is bigger than yourself that you understand your actual potential. – Barack Obama
9. There is nothing amiss with America that can’t be cured by what is appropriate with America. – Bill Clinton
10. History, when all is said in done, just educates us what terrible government is. – Thomas Jefferson